Friday, June 13, 2008

Watch out for the Millenials!!

"I believe that they actually think of themselves like merchandise on eBay. 'If you don't want me, Mr. Employer, I'll go sell myself down the street. I'll probably get more money. I'll definitely get a better experience. And by the way, they'll adore me. You only like me,'"

Millenials is a new description for people born between 1980-1995, who believe that they are so qualified with multi-tasking capabilities and self assurance, that they don't need YOU, but YOU need them.

Big corporations like Ernst & Young, Merrill Lynch, and other big banks are actually hiring professionals to cope with the Millenials.

A colleague of mine, Gary, read the article and decided that this whole article is full of crap. He's also in his 50's and might just be defensive, but he claims that if the economy were in a recession, "these kids wouldn't act this way". He also said that this isn't everyone from 1980-1995, "Just the rich, aristocratic, white kids from the suburbs, who could afford to say F you to an employer".

Whatever, the case, there is no recession and the big companies are actually recognizing the trend with the Millenials. We only want to hear YES!

The Millenials are here: Full Article

No comments:

ShareThis